Monday, September 9, 2013

A Little Bit Of Everything

Summer has come and gone (always a little too fast IMO). The kids are back in the school routine. And I'm finally getting back on routine (like posting on my blog). It's been a while so I thought catching up on everything would be a good idea.

Mega Sports Camp - We had our largest group of kids 70+. I think the best part for me was seeing how many great volunteers gave their time to make this event happen. I'm guessing that it took about 500 volunteer hours to make this happen. But every hour was worth it. We have seen a few of these families come back to church a few times and been able to connect many of the kids with our children's ministry.



Vacation - I always plan our end of summer vacation right after Mega Sports Camp because Cecil and I are always desperately in need of a break when the week is over. For the 6th time we headed out to Angels Camp, CA. People always ask us, "What's out in Angel's Camp?" The answer is "Nothing." That's why we go :) Our week if filled with swimming, eating, watching tv/movies, walking around downtown, and not much more. This is one vacation that always refreshes and renews us. I look forward to the slow mornings drinking coffee on patio overlooking the golf course and getting to catch up with Cecil.

End of Summer BBQ & Baptism - As aways, baptisms are really the highlight of our ministry. It is always a great joy to watch as others proclaim the Lordship of Jesus and publicly identify themselves as  His followers. This one was especially meaningful as I was able to baptize a good friend of mine who has attended our church from its very beginning. When he first started attending he was far from Jesus but over the years God has worked in his heart through relationships, sermons, small groups, and lots of conversations. I think that baptizing him was one of the most powerful moments I've ever enjoyed!

Church Building - as many of you have heard our current location is being sold. We have been praying for the past 6 months that God would open the door for another facility. This Sunday I shared a few of the details about a possible site. I believe that God has answered our prayers and opened up a fabulous opportunity. This new site will require a lot of work upfront but the end result should be awesome.

No comments: