Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year. Although over the last few years it seems that more and more people are skipping this holiday to focus solely on the gift giving of Christmas. It makes total sense for those who make money off the materialism and consumerism of the Christmas, after all its hard to encourage people to be thankful while at the same time pointing out how much they need your product. The last few days have been a wonderful time at our home. Cecil and I have gotten lots of time with the kids and haven't been too rushed. We went into this holiday season with that as the goal (since we constantly seem to find ourselves overly committed to too many things. The list of things I'm thankful for could go on and on and on but I thought I would just leave you with my top 10 (not necessarily in order of importance):
1) God - I'm glad I have someone to express my thanks too, otherwise life would truly be a cruel joke
2) A wonderful wife
3) Two beautiful, healthy children
4) My awesome church family
5) Great parents and in-laws that are fun to be with
6) A home to welcome guests too
7) That I have a job I love
8) Friends to share life with
9) The promise of heaven and eternity with Christ Jesus
10) Eggnog :)

No comments: