Monday, November 22, 2010

Chronicles of Narnia - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Every now and then as a pastor I get invited to an early screening for a movie that in some way promotes Christian values. Hollywood film makers have realized that the Christian market is a large and important demographic and they are learning to tailor certain movies to that audience. The first movie that really demonstrated that was the Passion of the Christ directed by Mel Gibson. So last Thursday my wife and I (absent our children thanks to friends) headed out for a date which included dinner and then a screening of the new Chronicles of Narnia movie, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Now just in case you were not aware, the Chronicles of Narnia is a book series written by a wonderful Christian theologian, C.S. Lewis. This delightful series is embedded with tons and tons of Biblical theology and Christian symbolism. I have seen both of the previous movies and found them very good and this movie was no exception. Below I've attached one of the more spiritually meaningful scenes. If you get the chance I hope you will support this movie (disclaimer - some scenes are a little too intense (in my opinion) for those under 7 or 8 years of age).

No comments: